£66,000 to £80,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon - Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Are you looking to move into a senior role?
- Are you confident working up and managing your own cases with support from an exceptional head vet?
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Salisbury for a Permanent Senior Veterinary Surgeon. This role is full time with no weekends or OOH work.
The role would be ideal for a vet who is perhaps looking to move away from city life to move into the country. It also is ideal for a vet who maybe looking for more of a country lifestyle but still in a role where they are taking a step up.
This is an established practice with a lovely loyal client base. They are fully equipped with facilities including dental and digital x-ray along with ultrasound and an in-house laboratory.
The Vet would be working in a senior position alongside the owner and head Vet. They have recently gone through a refurbishment, so it provides a lovely modern new environment. They are happy to say they are a close knit and supportive group and provide a harmonious working environment and a good work-life balance.
Who are they looking for:
The right candidate will be motivated and driven and always striving for clinical excellence. They will be confident in all routine surgeries and consultations and be comfortable with sole charge where required. The Vet will be confident in working up and managing their own cases - support is provided from the head Vet and Nursing team.
There are future opportunities to potentially buy into the practice, so a Vet looking for a role with progression and long-term benefits then please get in touch.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: None
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 or 30 minutes
- Team: 1 vet, 2 RVNs, 1 SVN and support staff
- Can provide a positive, happy and supportive working environment.
- Recently refurbished practice
- Offers further progression with possible part ownership opportunity in the future
- Offers a good work life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable in most routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- Ideally will have ambition to pursue an area of special interest
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: Up to £80,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance 4x annual salary
- 1 weeks full pay sick pay after 1 full year of service
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private healthcare scheme
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 37827
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.