We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent small animal practice in Lincoln. The Vet will be a key member of the team and will be responsible for providing excellent patient care and customer service to all clients as well as managing and leading a team.
This is a brand new practice offering an excellent opportunity for a Vet to play an integral part in the growth and development of a new site. This is a full-time position with a weekend rota.
The practice is one of 4 sites in the area and is proudly independent offering state of the art facilities. They are continuing to grow and expand are investing in state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment within their practices to expand their orthopaedic and soft tissue cases.
Duties and responsibilities including:
Consultations, investigations, and surgeries.
Adhering to practice procedures and protocols
Sharing daily tasks and responsibilities with fellow team members
Liaising with other Vets to ensure the best practice and best clinical care is provided
Sharing knowledge with others
Maintaining clinical notes
Communicate effectively with all staff members ensuring investigations and follow up care and treatments are completed
Provide excellent in-patient care
Provide full in-depth handovers of patients to other team members
Support senior Vets
Provide support to new graduating Vets where required
Type: Small Animal
Hours: Monday - Friday
Weekends: Yes on a rota
OOH: On a rota
Team: Large Veterinary Team across 4 sites
Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Progressive Independent Practices
- 4 Sites in total - one brand new site
- First opinion and referral practice
- Investing in equipment to continue to expand their orthopaedic and soft tissue case load
- Offers a fantastic work / life balance
- Brand New Practice
- Offers clinical freedom to a Vet
- Offers accommodation on site for a relocation
- Provides training agreement package - funding for a certificate
- Operating theatres fully equipped
- Large loyal client base
- Offer a competitive salary package!
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons Medicine and Surgery.
- Offers career progression with support
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- State of the art equipment - fully equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology
- Excellent reputation within the community
- You will be an experienced Veterinary Surgeon
- You will be confident in all routine surgeries and consultations
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious looking to study towards a certificate or be a certificate holding surgeon looking to progress further
- You will be a team player
- The role is determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop your clinical skills and knowledge further
- You will enjoy working in a busy environment
- Areas of special interest would be an advantage
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment including:
- Orthopaedic, Soft Tissue, Ophthalmic, dermatology, cardiology, routine and exotics surgery services
- Referral services
- Blood pressure monitoring
- CT scanner
- Mobile MRI
- State of the art surgical suite facilities
- Digital X- Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- In House laboratory
- Nurse Clinics
- Hospitalisation Facilities
Salary - Up to 65,000 Commensurate to experience
CPD Generous allowance 1,000 and 5 days leave
Accommodation provided for relocation
Certificates supported and funded
Holiday allowance is negotiable
RCVS and VDS fees paid
Exclusive company discounts and rewards
Workplace Pension Scheme
Health Insurance scheme
Health Plan and Mental Health support available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.