£40,000 to £55,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
A small animal practice in Leeds are recruiting a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
This is a forward thinking supportive practice comprising of 5 partners, 7 vets, 10 nurses and a large reception team. There are two practices in total and the team are split across them both.
They pride themselves on being supportive and offer everyone to have their own opinion and ideas and offer veterinary surgeons clinical freedom.
This role is full or part time for 20 to 40 hours per week, along with 1 in 3 weekends. There will be no OOH work and no on-call duties.
Collectively there is over 50 years experience within the veterinary team and rarely does the practice need to refer. So this is an excellent opportunity for the surgeon to continue to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time, 20 to 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends
- Sole charge: Some required on a weekend
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Team: Large multi vet, RVN and support team
- State of the art equipment including in-house laboratory, digital X-ray, pharmacy and ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work-life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of surgeries and medical cases
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Digital X-ray
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Dental X-ray
- Salary: 40,000 to 55,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Certificates funded and supported
- Private medical insurance
- Healthcare scheme
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13673
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.