£34,000 - £46,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Galashiels Scotland.
This is a full-time small animal position. The practice is in the stunning Scottish Borders. The role comprises of working 4 days per week with a 1:4 Saturday mornings. There is no OOH.
The role offers an excellent work life balance ensuring the surgeon can have plenty of time enjoying the great outdoors in this stunning area. With close access to all types of outdoor activities such as horse riding, hill walking, mountain biking as well as the city of Edinburgh it offers a fantastic balance for both city and country life living.
About the role
The practice is looking for a veterinary surgeon with a minimum of two years' experience in small animal and they will have completed their PDP. The Vet needs to be confident with the occasional sole charge work, routine surgeries, and consultations. They will have excellent customer service skill and be able to work well with others as part of a close-knit team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday - 4 day week
- Weekends: 1:4 Saturday
- Sole Charge: Minor
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes 2 branches
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vet 5 RVN and support team
This well-established practice opened in 2009 and since then has expanded and opened two more branch surgeries. They boast veterinary surgeons with a range of experience and pride themselves in delivering a high standard of care and an excellent reputation for a friendly helpful service within the community.
- You will have 2 years' experience
- You will be confident in all routine surgeries and consults.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and enjoy building working relationships and working with others
- You have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will be dedicated to delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge work
The practice boasts modern facilities with state-of-the-art equipment and toys as one would expect from a first opinion practice.
- Salary: 34,000 - 46,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.