From £24,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Speke Liverpool
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a generous weekend rota of 1:8.
The practice is located on the outskirts of Liverpool with excellent transport links and close to the M62, M57 and the M56. They practice provides state of the art facilities with a full range of diagnostic equipment including ultrasound and digital X-Ray.
The practice is part of a large group and offers the Nurse access to the nearby animal hospital which is open 24hr per day. This Hospital is the hub for Liverpool's Veterinary emergencies and provides ooh services to many practices within the local area. This access offers exposure to more complex cases thus ensuring continual clinical development.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and state of the art operating theatres.
The Nurse would be joining a team of 1 Vet, 2 Nurses and supporting staff.
Who are they looking for:
The practice is looking for an experienced confident RVN who is passionate about Veterinary care. They must have a friendly and positive attitude and be able to work well with others. Excellent communication and customer service skills are et along with a positive and friendly attitude. Ultimately you will be looking for a role where you expand your knowledge and clinical skill set.
The role involves all aspects of nursing and includes working closely with the veterinary surgeons in the practice as well as performing nursing duties. The RVN will be involved in administering treatments and medications, performing diagnostic tests, assisting in surgeries, running nurse clinics and providing advice to clients. There is also the opportunity to work as a clinical coach so the RVN can use their knowledge and experience to help train and support SVNs in the future.
There is plenty of support available so if you are interested in emergency care and critical care work for example, this would be encouraged, or perhaps looking to move into further management and would like to develop your management skills further, there is continual support and mentoring available. There are ongoing internal course to develop clinical skills and personal skills as well as training to help communicate delicate information to clients.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:8 weekends
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Access to 24 Hour Animal Hospital
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vets, 2 Nurse & support team
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a large 24 HR Hospital close by for exposure to more complex cases and clinical learning
- You will have solid nursing experience in all aspects of nursing
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and also be approachable at all times
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be forward thinking and always looking at ways to develop the clinical nursing team further
- You will enjoy running nurse clinics
- You will have experience in clinical coaching and or happy to become a clinical coach
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Starting from 24,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowances plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
- Paternity Scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 5785
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.