£21,000 - £26,000
Full time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Nurse to join a large mixed animal Hospital on the beautiful Island of Jersey. This is an established tier 3 mixed animal hospital boasting a large team of highly experienced Vets and Nurses.
The practice has 3 sites and offers the state-of-the-art diagnostics and surgical facilities including CT and a visiting MRI.
The role is full time with varying shifts on a 10-week rota. There is accommodation available for a relocation. They are looking for an RVN who has a compassionate and empathetic attitude and someone who works well as part of a team buy also independently when necessary. They will have excellent client facing skills and great communication skills. They will be motivated and ambitious and looking to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge. The practice is proud to me a training practice, so it offers the RVN clinical coaching opportunities.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Full time Various shifts on a 10-week shared rota.
- Weekends: Yes, on a rota
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Team: 16 Vets 18 Nurses and support team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large Mixed Animal Hospital
- Fully equipped to treat Equine, Farm, Small and Exotic animals
- Training practice
- Large highly experienced team - wide level of experience and knowledge
- Dedicated Emergency Vets & Farm and Horse Vets
- Highly experienced supportive team
- Dedicated night-time for in patients
- 15 Minute consultations
- Their ethos is providing a happy and welcoming environment to work in and providing a high standard of clinical care to all patients and a high level of customer service to clients
- State of the Art diagnostic and surgical equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting and varied case load
- Career development opportunity to expand clinical skills and knowledge
- Support available within the role - can offer the position to various levels of experience
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- The RVN will have an empathetic and caring attitude
- They will be able to work as part of a team but independently where required.
- It is essential the Nurse is a team player
- They will enjoy and embrace all aspects of the role
- They will have sound knowledge of all aspects of RVN duties and responsibilities - for more experienced RVNs
- They will have excellent communication skills.
- They will have excellent client care skills and be able to build client relationships easily.
- They will remain calm under pressure and be able to multitask where appropriate
- They will have an enthusiastic and motivated attitude with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
As a Tier 3 state-of-the-art mixed animal Hospital with three sites, they offer a wide range of Veterinary Services and facilities including:
- Equine, Farm and Small Animal and Exotic services
- Orthopaedic facilities
- CT Scan
- Visiting MRI
- Digital Radiography
- Hospitalisation facilities
- Doppler Blood pressure monitor
- Nurse Clinics
- Laser Therapies
- In House Laboratory
- Isolation Wards
- Digital X-ray
- Separate Dog and Cat wards
- Salary up to 21,000 - 26,000 pro rata commensurate to experience plus bonuses
- CPD Generous Allowance
- 4-week annual leave
- Paid professional memberships
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Onsite free parking
- Professional Fees Paid
- Staff discount scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Excellent customer service and communication skills
6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.