£21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
Full time / Fixed Term
We are recruiting for a Fixed Term Head Registered Veterinary nurse to join a practice in Liverpool. This is a full-time role on a 3-month fixed term contract. The role involves working 40 hours per week with a 1:4 weekend rota with a share of bank holidays and on call.
This role offers an exciting opportunity for an RVN to lead a team. The role offers access to the 24-hour hospital in Liverpool which provides the emergency service and OOH for all the practices in the region. This offers exposure to more complex cases and access to state of the art facilities.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state of the art Animal Hospital.
About the role
The practice are dedicated to providing the best Veterinary care to all clients and patients. They are looking for an RVN who is enthusiastic and shares this dedication. The role involves all aspects of general nursing alongside assisting with clinical coaching within the practice. Support will be provided. As the role involves leading a team previous experience in this area would be an advantage however not essential as the role offers a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take their next career step into a head nurse role.
The RVN must have a friendly and approachable manner with excellent customer and communication skills. Positive attitude is essential. The RVN will want to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge and this is fully supported.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday - Friday Full time Fixed Term
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 3 Nurse, 3 SVN and support staff
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be always approachable
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- Previous leadership experience is an advantage but not essential
- You will enjoy clinical coaching and supporting and mentoring others
- You will enjoy training and providing support to others
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.