£35,000 - £45,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Romford London. The position would also be available to a new graduate Vet,
This is a full-time positions working 4 days per week with a weekend rota of 1:6. This is Saturdays only and there is no ooh.
This is a busy established practice that are currently expanding their current team of 10 Vets, 6 Nurses, 6 SVNs and support staff with a new graduated Vet and two additional experienced Veterinary Surgeons. The large supportive team have a wide variety of interests from medicine to soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery and they support all areas if special interest, so certificates are encouraged and funded. Due to the level of experience within the practice they are able to support and mentor a newly graduated Veterinary Surgeon
The practice is in an ideal location within a good commute to central London within half an hour. It is also close to both the countryside and the town of Romford. It has all the equipment that you would expect and is built to industry standards. They see a wide variety of cases each day so it offers plenty of exposure and development.
About the role
They are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Surgeon and someone who has ambition to progress and continue their professional development. They will have good client care skills and be able to work well as part of a large team. They need to have a caring and approachable attitude and be able to establish good working relationships with clients.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:6 Saturdays only
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 10 Vet, 6 Nurses, 6 SVN support team.
State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- 24 hr Hospital
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a dedicated Night team enabling 24 hour onsite care
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Large highly experienced team with a variety of special interest
- Offers an exciting workload with exposure and learning of more complex cases
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Orthopaedic services & Soft Tissue
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 45,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD Allowance
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6501
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.