£35,000 - £50,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Lincoln. The role is either full or part time with the full time role working a 4 day week and a shared 1:3 weekend rota.
The practice partners understand the importance of a happy team and ensure that all team members' voices are heard and the value all contributions in all aspects of life at the practice.
They regularly meet up for clinical catch ups and team meetings to check in on each other, discuss best practice and offer support where required. They value all team members ideas and input and the practice provide feedback on all ideas brought to the table. They also regularly venture out for team activities - COVID pending of course. They pride themselves on all working well together as a team ensuring the smooth delivery of a high standard of clinical care each day.
The team comprised of 6 Vets, 1 of which holds a certificate in small animal surgery and 2 more are currently studying towards certificate. The team of 6 nurses also have their own areas of interest and they are proud to be a nurse training practice.
The practice offers 15-minute consultations and extended consultations for certain appointments where they know more time is needed. This ensures nothing runs over. They ensure every member get a lunch break each day and if this is not possible then overtime is paid above a normal working day.
They are fully equipped with a range of diagnostics including ECG, digital x-ray, ultrasound, blood pressure monitor, tonometer, capnography, and dental x-ray. They see a lot of dogs and cats and small furries.
They are looking for a Vet who will share their ethos and passion for providing a high standard of Veterinary care whilst also being a team player, sharing abilities and ideas with the team and providing support where necessary.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vets 6 Nurses
- Offer 15 - 30-minute consultations depending on the appointment
- Ensure the staff leave on time - if not overtime is paid
- Provide a supportive and friendly working environment - everyone's voice is heard
- Regular team meetings and outings
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers funding for a certificate
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated Vet
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will have ambition to pursue an area of special interest
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Digital Radiography
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks including bank holidays and Birthday off.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.