£35,000 - £45,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a full time Veterinary Surgeons to join a small animal practice in Ipswich. There are two roles available, one of which is a permanent full-time position and the second is to cover a Maternity leave so will be a fixed term contract. There is a 1:2 Saturday rota and no Sundays. There is no sole charge and no ooh.
The practice partners are seeking two Surgeons to join their established and growing practice. they are located close to motorway links as well as the countryside and within walking distance from the nearest train station. London is only an hour away via train!
The practice comprises of a team of 3 Vets, 5 RVNS, 2 VCAs and a support team. they have a variety of special interests including animal behaviour and welfare and one of the Vets is currently working towards their certificate in Surgery.
About the role
The practice is looking for two friendly and enthusiastic Surgeons both who are confident in both routine surgical and medical cases. it is important that they both have excellent customer service skills and can establish good working relationships with clients easily. Both Vets need to have a minimum of 2 years' experience. The practice sees a wide variety of cases especially Rabbits along with many Cats and Dogs. They are fully equipped with diagnostic equipment from digital X-Ray, Ultrasound, and an in-house laboratory.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time hours available
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays only
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vets, 5 RVNs, 2 VCAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Two roles available - permanent and a fixed term contract
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 45,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave plus Birthdays off.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,200
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6690
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.