Up to £60,00 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire.
This is a full or part time role with a weekend rota of 1:3 weekends. There maybe a small element of sole charge involved at the weekend. There is no OOH.
This is a modern and spacious practice which is fully equipped with all the toys including Ultrasound with colour doppler, digital x-ray, blood pressure monitoring, in house laboratory and a high spec fully equipped operating theatre. They offer onsite parking. They are located close to the centre of High Wycombe and is surrounded by a residential area and have an excellent reputation with most of the team being local.
The role involves some sole charge work, so it is important that they Vet is confident in this area and has a good amount of experience. An areas of specialism and bias would be advantageous but not essential. They will be able to establish good working relationships with clients easily and be a strong team player. Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported in the practice. They Vet will deliver a high standard of clinical and customer care and have excellent communication skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays only
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vets 3 Nurses, 1 SVN 1 VCA and support staff
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly team
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be competent in medical and surgical cases
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will enjoy building up your own client base
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will have ambitions to study towards a certificate
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: Up to 35,000 - 50,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,200 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.