£35,000 - £50,000
Part time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a small animal practice in Cambridge. This role offers a 34-hour working week over 4 days with a 1:2 Saturday rota 9am - 12pm. The role is split between two branch surgeries.
Both branches are purpose-built practice and offers operating theatres along with a separate dog and cat ward with an on-site laboratory.
They boast an excellent local reputation and are committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care.
About the role
The role involves providing rotational cover at two of their branch surgeries close by. This role offers the surgeon to work alongside a large team and work sole charge within the branches where required creating plenty of opportunity to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge. The Vet will be working both independently and also with a team of nurses and PCAs with the support of a management team.
The require a competent surgeon with a minimum of 2 years' experience who is happy to do sole charge work when required. The Vet must have excellent client facing skills along with being able to work well as part of a team. The must be motivated and passionate about their work and committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 34 hours per week 4 days
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturdays 9am - 12pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Sole charge at branch surgery
- Team: Multi Vet and RVN practice with supporting staff
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Part of a large group of Multiple practices and Hospitals across the area
- Forward thinking and professional practice
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Experienced Vet/ RVN team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load - emergency medical cases
- Supportive veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On street parking
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- You will be passionate and motivated to drive the practice forward
- You will be looking to develop your medical and surgical skill set
- You will be happy with sole charge work
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts a full range of the latest diagnostic equipment's with ultrasound, blood machines, digital x ray, dental, ECG - everything that you would expect from a modern 24hr animal hospital.
- Salary - 35,000 -50,000 commensurate to experience
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays and birthday off - holiday entitlement increases with years' service
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD Allowance 1,000 with 5 days off to attend and higher budget courses are also negotiable
- Additional CPD allowance for clinical coaches
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.