£35,000 to £50,000 pro rata
Part time / Permanent
We are looking for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Blackpool. This is a part time position working 2-3 days per week including a weekend rota of 1:2 Saturdays. There is no OOH work.
The practice comprises of a friendly and supportive team of 3 Vets, 2 Nurses, 1 VCA and reception team. They provide a professional and friendly work environment.
This is a modern purpose-built practice which sees a wide variety of cases. They are fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
About the role
The practice are looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary surgeon who has good experience in general routine surgeries and medical cases and also confident with sole charge work. The Vet but have excellent client facing skills and be able to establish good working relationships. They must also be able to work well as part of a team. There is an opportunity for overtime work if required and they would be expected to assist with annual leave cover.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time hours available
- Weekends: 1:3 weekends 15 hours
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vets, 2 Nurses, 1 VCA & support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have a strong surgical and medical background
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be happy with some sole charge work
- You will be a able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Cruciate Surgery
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Generous CPD allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7552
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award-Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.