£35,000 - £45,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Alder Liverpool.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:6 weekend rota. There is no ooh or sole charge.
This is a large 1st opinion Veterinary Hospital that provides 24 hour care. The Hospital has recently had a refurbishment and has state of the art diagnostic facilities such a in house laboratory, Ultrasound, CT , Endoscopy and digital x-ray.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the nearest animal hospital.
About the role
The role involves working alongside a large highly experienced Veterinary team and comprises of a mixture of consultations and surgeries. They are looking for a competent surgeon who is ambitious and motivated and looking to develop their career.
Excellent client facing skills are required and they must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 1:6 rota
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large Veterinary Team
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 1-2 years' experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- CT Imaging
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.