£25,000 to £30,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We have an opportunity at a practice located in St Helens who are recruiting for a Permanent Registered Veterinary Nursing Manager position to take command of their talented team of over 50 nursing staff.
This first opinion and referral practice is home to a team of 20 vets and over 50 nurses at their main hospital, with ACAs, SVNs, RVNs and Diploma holding RVNs. They have 9 other branches in the area. The nursing manager works closely with the practice manager/senior Vets and senior nursing team to help oversee the nursing staff and develop the practice.
The role will require you to work 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday. The 5-day week will be split up into 3 days of non-clinical work from 9am to 5pm and 2 days of clinical work, covering a mix of shifts. There will be no OOH work.
- Oversee all nursing staff
- Recruitment - Organise and perform interviews
- Manage sickness - perform back to work interviews and monitor sickness
- Perform Performance Development Reviews
- Oversee student nurses
- Oversee practice standards
- Branch cover
- Arrange internal and external CPD
- Assist client care team with complaints
- Clinical coaching would be an advantage
- Hours: Full time Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
- Weekends: No
- OOH: No
- Sole charge: No
- Computer System: Bespoke
- Team: Strong, supportive team
- They offer a professional but fun environment, where client and patient care are balanced with great team morale and enjoyment of their wonderful job
- This role requires excellent clinical and customer service skills
- You will be able to maximise your nursing skill set working here
- They are a well-established small animal practice with large, collaborative team and a loyal and growing client base
They have an extensive range of facilities, including:
- CT scanner
- Digital X-ray
- Blood test machines
- Doppler blood pressure machine
- CO2 laser
- You will need to be confident in your own abilities and have excellent clinical and customer service skills to succeed in this
- Teamwork, patient care, high standards and relationships building with clients are at the forefront of what they do
- They are looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated veterinary nurse to continue the rapid growth of the practice.
- You will need to be comfortable liaising with other veterinary team members, specialists and service providers
- Salary: 25,000 to 30,000 per annum
- In-house CPD sessions
- RCVS fees covered
- 30 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7472
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.