Salary £22,000 - 28,000 commensurate to experience pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent day and night Veterinary Nurse to join a busy animal hospital near Northwich. This is a large multi-site first opinion practice whose ethos is based on clinical excellence, excellent customer service and patient care.
The role comprises of a 38 hour working week which is a rotation of days and nights. The rota would include a 7 night on working Monday - Sunday 8pm - 7am and then one week off followed by 2 weeks of day shifts working in the prep and theatre rooms from 10am - 6pm. The rota would also include bank holidays when they fall into the rota.
About the role:
The role is ideal for either an experienced RVN or a newly qualified RVN due to the level of support available. This is an excellent opportunity for the RVN to develop their clinical skill set and knowledge whilst working within a mixed day and night rota. This allows nursing skills to be utilised to their full potential with each day being different. The practice has a strong ethos on personal development and CPD and continual learning is actively supported and encouraged. They will see a wide variety of cases and will have the opportunity to work alongside a large team.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Yes on a rota of either days or nights
- Sole charge: None
- Team: 8 Vets, 27 RVNS, SVNS, ACAs and reception staff
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Multiple Branch surgeries across the area
- Award winning practice
- Large loyal client base
- Works closely with local referral practice and have regular seminars offering continual learning and development with more complex referral cases
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- State of the art equipment
- Opportunity to develop surgical skills
- Excellent reputation within the community
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Hydrotherapy and Physio suite
- Multiple consultation rooms
- Digital X-Ray
- Blood pressure monitoring
- You will be competent in all aspects of general nursing
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will be happy to run nurse clinics
- You will either be an experienced RVN or a recently graduated RVN
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Salary 22,000 - 28,000 commensurate to experience pro rata
- Generous CPD allowance and days off to attend
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and Birthday off
- Employee Assist programme
- Paid professional memberships
- VDS and RCVS Reimbursed
- Excellent career development opportunity
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8480
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.