Up to £27,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are working with an animal hospital located in Gloucester who are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurse.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing so you must be capable in all areas, pulling from your experience working in a small animal practice. You will have the ability to balance empathising with clients and maintaining your professionalism. You will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team and must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your general nursing skills will involve assisting in operating theatre, emergency operations, in-patient care, laboratory work and vet and nurse consultations.
The role will involve working full or part time between 8am and 8pm, along with 1 in 7 weekends with time off in lieu and 1 in 14 Saturdays. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time, between 8am and 8pm
- Weekends: 1 in 7 weekends, 1 in 14 Saturdays
- TOIL: After working 1 in 7 weekends
- OOH: None
- Computer system: Animana
- Branch work: None
- Team: 4 vets, 7 RVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- They offer a professional but fun environment, where client and patient care are balanced with great team morale and enjoyment of their wonderful job
- This role requires excellent clinical and customer service skills, with an ability to practice sole charge from time to time
- You will be able to maximise your nursing skill set working here
- They are a friendly, family oriented practice with a happy, hardworking team and loyal clients
- They have a modern, bright and spacious practice which has excellent facilities including kennels and cattery for hospitalisation, full surgical facilities, all routine surgery on site, X-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab facilities
- You will need to be confident in your own abilities and have excellent clinical and customer service skills to succeed in this
- Team work, patient care, high standards and relationships building with clients are at the forefront of what they do
- They are looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated veterinary nurse to continue the rapid growth of the practice
- You will need to be comfortable liaising with other veterinary team members, specialists and service providers
- In-house laboratory
- Isolation ward
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Operating theatres
- Blood pressure monitor
- Salary: 22,000 to 26,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,000 and 5 days leave
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVNA fees paid
- Excellent career opportunities and development
- Private medical insurance for you and your family
- Contributory pension scheme
- Critical illness cover and life insurance
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13679
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.