£21,000 - £24,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Nurses to join a practice in Chatham Kent. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a weekend rota and no ooh.
The Nurse will be joining a supportive team of 5 Vets, 7 Nurses, 1 SVN and a non-clinical team.
This is an established purpose-built practice which offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities. Equipment includes an in-house laboratory, digital radiography, ultrasound and a separate cat and dog ward.
They are looking for a confident nurse who has good solid nursing experience. They will embrace all aspects of the role and be committed to providing a high standard of patient and client care. The team pride themselves on being close knit team, so it is important that the nurse is a team player. Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported and there is an opportunity for the right candidate to study towards a certificate.
The role involves all aspects of general nursing including
Assisting in the day to day running of the practice
Admissions & Discharges
Working alongside the non-clinical and clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of patient and client care.
Be responsible and take ownership of tasks
Monitoring operations and assisting the Vet in surgery
Administering medications and taking records accurately
In patient care
Measuring blood pressure, sampling, and pharmacy work.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full time 40 hours per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 - 30 minutes
- Team: 5 Vets 7 Nurses, 1 SVN and non-clinical team.
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Highly experienced team
- State of the art facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Highly experienced team
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Provides Mental health and wellbeing support
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will be ambitious to continue your learning and development.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be keen to develop an area of special interest
- You will be willing to go the extra mile within your duties
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X -RAY
- Isolation Unit
- Dental X-RAY
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance 2 Days leave
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.