£21,000 - £24,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Registered Veterinary nurse to join a practice in Liverpool. This is a mobile nurse position working full time with a 1:4 weekend rota of Saturdays only and 1:8 full weekend rota. There is time back in lieu after working a weekend.
The role is to provide support to 14 practice across the local area including the 24-hr animal hospital.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state of the art Animal Hospital.
About the role
The practice are looking for an enthusiastic RVN who is dedicated and passionate about providing a hight standard of care to both patients and clients. The position involves all aspects of nursing from surgical duties, assisting the Veterinary Surgeon and coaching and mentoring SVNs. There is plenty of support provided and ample opportunity to develop clinical skill set and knowledge due to the large exposure of a wide variety of cases including complex cases.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend Saturdays and 1:8 full weekends. Time back in lieu. Bank Holiday rota of 1 -2 per year and 1 - 2 years on call rota per year
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: 14 Branches
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large Veterinary Team across the region
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- You must have a friendly and compassionate attitude and be always approachable
- You will be ambitious to continue with further education and training
- You will enjoy training and providing support to others
- You will be forward thinking, motivated, passionate with a genuine interest in animal welfare
- You must be motivated and passionate about your work and share this and promote this ethos with other members of staff
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking, and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
The practice is fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 300 allowance plus 2 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.