Up to £45,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
A large animal practice located in Northallerton, North Yorkshire are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This role is full or part time with 1 in 4 OOH shifts.
Northallerton is a lovely market town located in the stunning North Yorkshire countryside.
The role is for a large animal vet who has a minimum of 2 years of experience mainly dealing with farm animals. They will have a good amount of practice experience and confident in working sole charge. They will have excellent client facing skills and be able to establish good working relationships with their clients. They will work well as part of the wider team, share knowledge and experiences and embrace the team culture within the practice.
This practice is mainly large animal with 65% being dairy, beef and sheep and there is a 30% small animal and equine side of the practice. They are a fully established and growing practice with a loyal client base. They boast a team of committed Veterinary Surgeons who have established good working relationships with their clients in the local community. All provide a high standard of Veterinary care to all animals.
The practice dates back to the 1st world war and therefore has an outstanding local reputation. They are proud to be able to service their clients 24 hours per day across the area.
- Type: Farm animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: None
- OOH: 1 in 4 shifts
- Sole charge: Some
- Branch work: N/A
- Team: Large team of large animal vets with a great support team
- Large highly experienced team
- Provides clinical freedom to the Vet
- Fully equipped facilities and services
- Delivers a high standard of clinical care and uses evidence-based medicine
- Multi vet practice so plenty of support is given to the right candidate to develop their knowledge and clinical skill further.
- Career development opportunities into management for the right candidate
- The practice supports all veterinary surgeons and are committed to their wellbeing and always tries to promote flexibility support and teamwork.
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years of large animal experience
- You will confident in sole charge
- You will be a team player
- You will have a bias or area of specialism that you would like to pursue
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will set a positive working environment
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- Salary: Up to 45,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of 750 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Paid 4-week sabbatical after every five years of service
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 15108
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.