£27,000 to £29,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are working with a small animal hospital located in Brighton who are recruiting for a Permanent Head Veterinary Nurse. The role will involve working full time for 40 hours per week from 8am to 7pm, along with 1 in 3 Saturday mornings. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing so you must be capable in all areas, pulling from your experience working in a small animal practice. You will have the ability to balance empathising with clients and maintaining your professionalism. You will be prepared to develop your skills by working closely with the whole team and must have an excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Your general nursing skills will involve assisting in operating theatre, emergency operations, in-patient care, laboratory work and vet and nurse consultations. You will be responsible for the clinics nursing team and providing management support and training where required.
Who are they looking for
The Head Nurse will have leadership qualities and be able to display these on a consistent basis. They will be organised and able to manage their own time and their own workload successfully. They will be able to manage any practice complaints and will take on this responsibility as first point of contact and resolve or if required deal with until a manager becomes available. Previous experience of leadership within a small animal practice is required.
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, 8am to 7pm
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends, Saturday mornings
- On-call: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Clinical team of 17 and a supportive non-clinical team
- They offer a professional but fun environment, where client and patient care are balanced with great team morale and enjoyment of their wonderful job
- This role requires excellent clinical and customer service skills, with an ability to practice sole charge from time to time.
- You will be able to maximise your nursing skill set working here
- They are a friendly, family oriented practice with a happy, hardworking team and loyal clients
- They have a modern, bright and spacious practice which has excellent facilities including Kennels and cattery for hospitalisation, full surgical facilities, all routine surgery on site, X-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab facilities
- You will need to be confident in your own abilities and have excellent clinical and customer service skills to succeed in this
- Team work, patient care, high standards and relationships building with clients are at the forefront of what they do
- They are looking for an enthusiastic, goal oriented and self-motivated veterinary nurse to continue the rapid growth of the practice.
- You will need to be comfortable liaising with other veterinary team members, specialists and service providers
- Emergency care
- Isolation ward
- Exotic pets
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat, dog and exotic wards
- Salary: 27,000 to 29,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of 600
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid, along with one other membership of your choice
- Excellent career opportunities and development
- Private medical insurance for you & your family
- Contributory pension scheme
- Critical illness cover & life insurance
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13535
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.