July 9-12 months
£20,000-£25,000 pro rata
Full time / Fixed Term
We are recruiting a veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Chelmsford, Essex. This role will be initially a fixed term contract to cover maternity for 9-12 months, however may develop into a permanent role for the right candidate.
The hours are flexible from 2 days per week to full time. There is also a 1 in 3 Saturday morning rota, but no OOH or Sundays.
This is a bright spacious and purpose-built practice offering 1st opinion Veterinary Services.
About the role:
They are looking for a confident nurse who has a genuine passion for animal welfare. They must be able to work well with others and have excellent customer service skills. The role involves all aspects of general nursing including:
- Assisting the Veterinary Surgeon in Theatre
- Running Nurse Clinics
- Administering Medications
- Updating patient records
- Recording results
- Greeting clients
- Delivering a high standard of clinical care to patients
- Adhering to practice protocols and policies
The practice are dedicated to providing a high standard of clinical and patient care so it is important that the Nurse shares this ethos and actively promotes this. They must have an enthusiastic can do attitude and be able to make decisions on their own when required and take ownership of their tasks.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 16-40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays mornings on a rota
- OOH: None involved
- Sole Charge: None
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Opportunity to run nurse clinics and mentor others
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will be confident with theatre work and nurse clinics
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own tasks
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services that one would expect in a large modern veterinary hospital, including:
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Salary: Hourly Rate of 13 - 17 / Hour
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks annual and Birthday off Pro rata
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.