£21,000 - £24,000 pro rata
Full time / Fixed Term
We are recruiting for a permanent registered head veterinary nurse to join a practice in Watford to cover a maternity leave. This role offers either full or part time hours 25 - 37 hours per week.
This position is a fixed contract covering a maternity leave for a year however there is the potential for the position to become permanent in the future due to practice growth. The role has flexible hours with a 1:2 weekend rota. The team comprises of 1 Vet, 1 SVN and 1 VCA with the current RVN to go on maternity leave.
The require an experienced nurse, potentially some who is looking to take their next career step and move into a head nurse role. The role involves all aspects of general nursing as well as training and mentoring members of staff. The RVN will need to be confident and excel at customer service and establishing working relationships.
This is an established, purpose-built practice with state of the art facilities.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 25 - 37 Hours per week 9am - 7pm
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturday 9am - 6pm and Sunday 10.30am - 4.30 pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet, 1 RVN, 1 SVN 1 VCA and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported with funding for certificates
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have good general nursing experience
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will be confident in making decisions
- You will be self-motivated to work well individually when required but also as part of a team
- You will have strong organisational / administrative skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will have excellent communications skills
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 19,000 - 25,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks and Birthdays off
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Pension Scheme
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.