£35,000 - £55,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Barnsley South Yorkshire. This is a full or part time role with a 1:4 weekend rota. There is no ooh. There is a small amount of sole charge work involved which is weekends only.
They are looking for two Vets to join their team one of which would be a lead Vet positions.
The Vets would be joining a team of 3 other Vets, 4 RVNS and a team of client care advisors and VCAs. The practice is modern and spacious with facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, and an in-house laboratory.
For the Lead Vet role, they are looking for someone who is confident in routine surgeries and medical cases and looking to progress further as the role comes with future partnership opportunities. For the non-lead role, they are looking for a vet who is comfortable with routine surgeries an consultations. Support can be provided for a less experienced Surgeon who is looking to develop their skills further.
Development of areas of special interest are supported within both roles.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 1:3 weekend rota.
- Weekends: 1:4 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Some on a weekend
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vets 4 RVNS CCAs, VCAs support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers funding for a certificate
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated Vet
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- For the lead Vet position, you would be looking to move into a partnership role in the future
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Digital Radiography
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 40,000 - 55,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks including bank holidays and Birthday off.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Income protection
- CPD: 1,500 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.