We are recruiting three permanent Veterinary Surgeons to join a small animal hospital and it's branch surgeries in Cardiff Wales.
This is a new state of the art Hospital with all the mod cons and facilities and services that one would expect which work alongside its 4 branch surgeries. They are now getting even busier and require three veterinary surgeons to join their growing team.
They require enthusiastic first opinion veterinary surgeons to join the 17 other vets across the team each having different areas of special interest.
There is the large hospital and 4 branch surgeries all fully equipped with technology including Ultrasound, Digital X-Ray, dental X- Ray and shared radiology units. By allowing the support of all this technology in each of the branch surgeries it enables the veterinary surgeons to work up their own cases and see through from start to finish with the added support of the hospital if required.
The Hospitals' state of the art facilities include CT scanner, endoscopy, endo-surgery, orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery, exotic referrals, medical referrals, ICU wards, Physiotherapy and hydrotherapy and more the Hospital provides 24 hour care for patients with a team of OOH vets and nurse which cover the night shifts.
The positions are full time for first opinions surgeons however areas of special interest are supported and encouraged so if you have a passion for emergency work, they would happily include you in a weekend rota so you are able to develop your clinical skill set in that area. Due to the size and the facilities at each of the branches and the Hospital there is a large amount of scope for a veterinary surgeon to develop their skill set and knowledge and pursue areas of special interest whilst being in a supportive role.
About the roles:
The positions are permanent and full time with a rota of 4 days per week and a 2:6 Saturday morning however this is flexible, and they are open to discussing a mixture if weekday and weekends shifts if required. Whilst the positions are permanent, one of which the roles involve helping to cover all holidays / sickness / CPD so that no vets are overstretched. This role can therefore vary in terms of the rota.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 2:6 Saturday Mornings
- OOH: 1:7 weeknights
- Sole Charge:
- Team: Large Multi Vet and Nurse team across 5 sites
- Practice/team: Friendly and supportive team, low turnover.
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large established Veterinary Clinics including one large hospital and 4 branch surgeries
- RCVS accredited practices
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Provides 24-hour Patient care - OOH and Emergency Care
- Offers excellent customer service and has an excellent reputation within the community
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- State of the art equipment including CT Scanner
- 24 Hour care
- Multiple consulting rooms and Operating Theatres
- CT Scanner
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- Separate waiting rooms and wards for dogs and cats
- Dedicated clinics for exotics and rabbits
- Salary - 32,000.00 -50,000.00 Pro Rata
- 1500 CPD and 5 Days
- 23 days bookable annual leave
- Career development opportunities
- Certificates supported
- Two professional subscriptions paid
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.