£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Formby Southport
This is a full-time position working 4 days per week with a 1:3 Saturday morning and no ooh.
The practice is one of four branches in the local area and is located close to the beautiful Sefton coastline. They comprise of 7 Vets and have a high nurse to vet ratio and are also an accredited nursing practice.
They are established with a large client base and offer all the latest technology and equipment to provide a wide range of Veterinary Services and facilities. They have an excellent reputation for providing a high standard of Veterinary Care.
About the role.
The practice are looking for a passionate and motivated Veterinary Surgeon to join their dynamic team. they must be confident in sole charge work and in routine consultations and surgeries. They must work well as part of a team and have excellent communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships with clients. the role offers an excellent work life balance with no ooh and only a 1:3 Saturday morning rota.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated team players with experience in small animal veterinary surgery and medicine to work in a supportive, dynamic, and well-established practice. We strive for excellent patient and client care, and support staff in both personal and professional development. We are a 7-vet practice with a high nurse to vet ratio and are proud to be a Nurse training practice and RCVS accredited.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend duty
- OOH: 1 weeknight duty
- Branch work: None
- Team: 7 Vet, 11 Nurse and support staff
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Established animal practice - 4 branches
- Excellent local reputation
- Provides an excellent veterinary care service
- Modern facilities and working environment - bright and spacious
- Excellent opportunity to develop clinical skills and knowledge with post graduate qualifications
- Large supportive friendly team
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art facilities
- Ethos of family friendly, close knit supportive practice.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will establish good working relationships with clients
- You will be professional and courteous as all times
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art equipment including:
- Nurse Clinics
- In-House Laboratory Facilities
- Dental Suite
- Digital X-Ray Imaging
- Orthopaedic Surgeries
- Soft Tissue Surgeries
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Keyhole Surgery
- Salary 33,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- CPD Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.