£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Romford London.
This is a full-time position working 4 days per week with a weekend rota of 1:6. This is Saturdays only and there is no ooh.
This is a busy established practice that are expanding their current team of 10 Vets, 6 Nurses, 6 SVNs and support staff with an additional Veterinary Surgeon. The large supportive team have a wide variety of interests from medicine to soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery and they support all areas if special interest, so certificates are encouraged and funded.
The practice is in an ideal location within a good commute to central London within half an hour. It is also close to both the countryside and the town of Romford. It has all the equipment that you would expect and is built to industry standards. They see a wide variety of cases each day so it offers plenty of exposure and development.
About the role
The Veterinary Surgeon must be competent in routine surgeries and consultations and also happy with the occasional sole charge work. they must have good solid experience in diagnostics and medicinal skills. They need to have a caring and approachable attitude and be able to establish good working relationships with clients. A special interest in internal medicine would be advantageous but not essential.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:6 Saturdays only
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 10 Vet, 6 Nurses, 6 SVN support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- 24 hr Hospital
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a dedicated Night team enabling 24 hour onsite care
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Large highly experienced team with a variety of special interest
- Offers an exciting workload with exposure and learning of more complex cases
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Orthopaedic services & Soft Tissue
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD Allowance
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.