£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Nottingham.
This is a full-time position with 40 hours per week and a weekend rota comprising of Saturday mornings only. The weekend will be sole charge. There is no ooh.
This is a modern spacious purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art facilities including an in-house laboratory. The practice see a variety of cases and offers a high standard of clinical care which has given them an excellent local reputation within the community.
About the role
The team comprises of the owner and lead vet along with a strong clinical and nonclinical team. They are looking for a veterinary surgeon with competent small animal surgical and medical skills and someone who can work up cases and see them through from start to finish. They must have excellent customer service skills and be able to establish good working relationships with clients and fellow members of the team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 Hour per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota - Saturday morning
- Sole Charge: On a Saturday
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet and clinical and non-clinical team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will have a high level of surgical experience
- You will be happy to mentor others
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Laparoscopy equipment
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.