We are recruiting for a permanent small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent mixed practice in South Wales. This role is open to applicants looking for full or part-time hours. The practice are interested in applications from both mixed Vets or small animal Vets.
Our client is a long established 13 vet independent mixed practice, big enough to have plenty of experience on site but small enough to retaina family friendly feel. Our client is looking for an enthusiastic team player to join them and support the small animal side of the practice. Our client actively encourage CPD with plenty of opportunity for professional development including attaining certificates.
Our clientoffer their own in house out of hours cover, which both benefits their clients and patients but also allows vets to gain valuable experience of emergency medicine in a supportive environment. This is shared on approximately 1 in 6 to 1 in 8 rota. Our client has all the usual equipment and an excellent team of qualified nurses, including 24 hour on site nursing.
Therota allows for a generous amount of lieu days and time off to enjoy all the local beaches and mountains they have on their doorstep. Salary on a pro rata basis commensurate with experience.
This is a mixed animal independent practice which boasts a team of 13 Vets, 9 RVNS and 3 SVNs. Collectively they boast a wealth of experience and pride themselves on offering a wide range of modern veterinary services and delivering excellent patient and customer care. They have one main practice along with 3 branches within the area.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 6
- OOH: 1 in 6-8
- Sole Charge: No
- Team: 13 Vets, 9 Nurses 3 SVNs and additional support team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Independent and forward-thinking practice
- Supportive and friendly practice - provides training and mentoring
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will either be a newly graduated surgeon looking for a supportive role to develop your clinical skills and knowledge or an experienced Vet looking to develop clinical skills and work towards a certificate
- You will be competent in routine surgeries - dependent on experience support available
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- For experienced Vets you will offer mentoring and coaching where required and share best practice
- You will be ambitious to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will enjoy working within a busy practice with a wide variety of cases
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- Orthopaedic Kit
- Dental Suite
- Isolation unit
- In House Laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary - from 35,000 - 50,000 per annum pro rata
- CPD allowance 1,000 5 Days
- 4 weeks paid annual leave - option to take additional unpaid annual leave
- On call - Vet receives 30% of fees rake ex Vat for all work done OOH. 3,000 - 6,000 per annum on top of basic salary.
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6583
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.