£46,500 - £52,500 per annum commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in London. This is a full-time role working 39 hours per week with either a 1:3 half weekend or 1:6 full weekend rota. The Vet would also take part in the regional on call rota and bank holiday rota which works out at around 2-3 weeks per year.
The practice is fully equipped and offer a range of modern veterinary services and facilities. It is a large clinic and has a faced paced environment. The Vet would be working alongside 2 Vets on site.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
Who are they looking for?
The practice is looking for a Vet who has a minimum of 2.5 years' experience and ideally someone who has a surgical bias although this is not essential.
The Vet will have excellent communication and client facing skills and be able to build up working relationships easily with clients. They will continue with the practices ethos of providing a great service to all clients. Ideally the Vet will be competent in all neutering cases along with basis soft tissue surgeries. They will be able to handle most medical cases and work well as part of a team. An interest in pursuing a certificate is desirable but not essential.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 39 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- On call: On call rota shared with all vets across the region along with bank holiday rota.
- Branch work: None
- Team: 2 Vet 1HVN 2 SVNs
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have a minimum of 2.5 years' experience
- A desire to study towards a certificate is advantageous
- A surgical bias is desirable but not essential
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge work when required
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: 46,500 - 52,500 per annum commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.