£40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
A large multi vet small animal practice in Liverpool is recruiting for two permanent Veterinary Surgeons. This is a very large busy practice so if you are ready to take on a bigger role and get stuck in then this may be for you. The ideal candidates will want more responsibility and potentially move into a leadership and coaching roles.
- Hours: Full time
- Monday to Friday: 8am - 8pm - 9 Hour Days - 4 days week
- Weekends: 1: 4 Saturday and Sunday 8am - 4pm
- Sole charge: Minimum 30 minutes first thing in the morning in the week only.
- OOH: No
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Walk in Appointments offered: Yes
- Team: 28 Team members
- Branch work: No
- Other: 2-hour break set aside each day for lunch and for administration work
- State of the Art Practice - Purpose built
- 6 Consultation rooms
- 4 Operating theatres
- Full range of products and services from Orthopaedic to dental surgery
- Multi Vet and Nurse practice
- Open every day apart from Christmas day
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- You will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You must enjoy building relationships with clients and engage with their pets and have excellent verbal and no verbal communication skills within a consulting environment
- You must be confident and inspire others, with a professional and calm approach. Enthusiastic and emotionally resilient.
- Experience in being a coach / mentor to encourage fellow clinicians to reach their full potential
- To support the Clinical Director
- To be an excellent first opinion general practitioner
- Has the ability to read the patient and client and situation and anticipate their needs
- Educate clients offering top class advice
- Coach and support the team to expand their knowledge and skills. Mentor fellow team members and junior staff members and ensure you prioritise time to ensure their development of surgical and medical skills
- Provide excellent customer facing skills and with fellow team members - supporting them and engaging with them in order to develop them professionally and improve overall performance
- Coach the clinical team, assist with their clinical development through training and CPD.
- Maintain and promote the practices excellent reputation within the community. Champion its values.
- Ensure the customer has a top-quality experience in the consultation process ensuring that they feel that you truly care
- Continue to support the ongoing management of the practice. Focusing on efficiency and productivity and maintaining gold standards.
- Salary 40,000 - 55,000 DOE
- 33 days Holiday per year including bank Holidays
- 4 day working week - meaning holidays go further and you gain an extra week!
- Pension scheme
- Cycle scheme
- 1,500 CPD allowance per annum / 5 days
- 9 Hour days with 1:4 weekends
- VDS Fees paid
- RCVS Fees paid
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
3 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.