We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Leicester. This is a full-time position with 40 hours per week over 4 days and a weekend rota.
The practice is looking for a newly graduated Vet to join them in this supported role. They will be able to join the new graduate programme offering plenty of support and regular training along to enable them to settle into their new career.
The practice offers a friendly and established team along with a varied caseload with interesting cases. They have a loyal client base and the Vet will have the opportunity to develop client relationships and grow their own client base. Everything is in place within the practice for a new graduate to thrive in their role. The practice has staff who have been there for years and will provide a guided, friendly and supportive environment for the new colleague. The Vet will also be supported by the clinical director and able to develop at their own pace.
The practice is in the centre of Leicester within easy access to all major transport links. This is a large modern practice offering a variety of veterinary services and facilities and boasts large consultation rooms. The team are friendly and supportive, so it is important the surgeon works well alongside others and be a team player.
- Type: Small Animal - New Graduate position
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time hours 4 days per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: No
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet team with nurses and supporting staff
- Established Veterinary Clinics - multiple branches
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Offers a family friendly service to the local community in a relaxed working environment
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with veterinary expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- Can provide all the relevant aspects required for a New Graduate Vet to thrive in their role
- Offers a new graduate programme and the opportunity for a Vet to develop their clinical skills and knowledge.
- You will be ambitious and motivated to get started within your Veterinary Career
- You will embrace all aspects of the role
- You will work well with others and be happy to receive support and guidance ongoing
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be ambitious and looking to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
Full range of modern veterinary services and equipment including:
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Diagnostic Endoscopy
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- In House laboratory
- Large consultation rooms
- Salary - 33,000 - 43,000 Pro Rata
- CPD 1750 generous allowance with additional funding available for qualifications and one weeks allowance to attend CPD events.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and the ability to buy and sell leave if desired
- Career development opportunities
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Paid sick leave and an expanding range of flexible benefits
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 5743
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.