£40,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Beckton London. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. There is no ooh.
This is an established and bust practice close to central London. They have a large loyal client base and see a wide variety of cases including internal medicine and orthopaedic. The role offers a great opportunity for exposure to more complex cases so would suit a Vet who is looking to develop further. It is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, and an in-house laboratory.
They are looking for a confident Vet who has a good amount of surgical experience. They will be a team player and embrace all aspects of the role. They will be happy with some occasional sole charge work as this is involved on the weekend. If the Vet has previous experience and confidence in soft tissue surgery this would be an advantage.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 1:3 weekend rota.
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Some on a weekend
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vets 2 RVNS 2 SVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers funding for a certificate
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated Vet
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- A soft tissue bias would be advantageous
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Digital Radiography
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 40,000 - 50,000 commensurate to experience per annum
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks including bank holidays and Birthday off.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Income protection
- CPD: 1,500 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.