£35,000 - £40,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Altrincham Cheshire.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 Saturdays rota. There is no ooh.
This is an established small animal surgery offering a variety of 1st opinion services. They are fully equipped with operating theatre, diagnostic imaging, X-Ray, Ultrasound and in-house laboratory.
About the role
The practice requires an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. It is important that they are happy to do some sole charge work when required. The Vet must have between 3 - 5 years' experience. A certificate holder would be advantageous but not essential.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays only
- OOH: 1 weeknight duty
- Branch work: None
- Team: 4 Vet, 3 Nurses, 1 SVN and support staff
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Established animal practice
- Excellent local reputation
- Provides an excellent veterinary care service
- Modern facilities and working environment - bright and spacious
- Excellent opportunity to develop clinical skills and knowledge with post graduate qualifications
- Large supportive friendly team
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art facilities
- Ethos of family friendly, close knit supportive practice.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have between 3-5 years' experience
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- A certificate holding Veterinary Surgeon would be an advantage
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will establish good working relationships with clients
- You will be professional and courteous as all times
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art equipment including:
- Nurse Clinics
- In-House Laboratory Facilities
- Dental Suite
- Digital X-Ray Imaging
- Orthopaedic Surgeries
- Soft Tissue Surgeries
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Keyhole Surgery
- Salary 33,000 - 40,000 pro rata
- CPD Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.