Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse to join a small animal practice in Luton Bedfordshire.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. This is a modern and spacious practice which is purpose built.
About the role
The practice requires an experienced RVN to join them either in a senior role or a standard role. The RVN would be joining a team of 4 Vets, 2 RVNS and supporting staff. The role involves all aspects of general nursing with a good mixture of surgical and nursing care. The practice offer support with ongoing development and ensure nursing skills are utilised to their full potential.
The RVN must have good solid nursing experience and have excellent communications and customer service skills. An enthusiasm and passion for the role and a genuine interest in animal welfare is also key. For the senior RVN position they require the RVN to be a clinical coach or willing to become a clinical coach.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 40 hours per week between 9:00am & 6:00pm each day
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends on a rota basis.
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Team: 4 Vet, 2 RVN and supporting staff.
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Progressive forward-thinking practice
- Offering either a Senior RVN role or standard RVN position
- State of the Art Facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers a good mixture of surgical and nursing care
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- Onsite parking available and within walking distance of transport links
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- For the senior role you will be a clinical coach or wishing to train to become a clinical coach
- You must be hard working and conscientious
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will be confident in all areas of general nursing
- You will have a motivated with a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will have strong organisational skills and be able to make decisions on your own when required
- You will be confident with a down to earth attitude
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
The practice offers a huge range of veterinary facilities and services that one would expect in a large modern veterinary hospital.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 21,000 - 24,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks and Birthday off
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged - CPD support / funding of certificates for the right candidates - Negotiable
- Income Protection and Life Insurance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.