£50,000 to £65,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small practice in the London borough of Brent. This is a full-time role working up to 45 hours a week. The practice requires a Head Vet to run this practice. They are established and have a friendly team along with a loyal client base. They pride themselves on offering excellent clinical care and customer service. The practice is fully equipped to work up complex medical cases as well as routine.
This is a full or part time role with no ooh.
The position offers the Vet the opportunity to be involved with a varied medical and surgical case load within the practice whist also receiving support from the regional team and the close by animal hospital. This ongoing support offers the development of clinical skills and knowledge. The practice itself is fully equipped and offers facilities including digital x-ray, dental x-ray, ultrasound, and endoscopy.
This practice has an established and generous support staff team comprising of regional support manager, practice manager, two receptionists, Head Nurse and student nurse who form a welcoming and experienced group of people. There are currently three vets at the practice; two of whom have a medical/imaging bias and the other who is an experienced surgeon capable of complex soft-tissue and orthopaedic procedures such as fracture repairs, TECAs and thyroidectomy.
Main responsibilities include:
- Delivery a high standard of clinical care to all patients
- Providing an excellent service to all clients
- Help develop the business - ensuring the running of the practice effectively and efficiently
- Working close with the onsite team as well as the wider team across the region.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Saturday morning on a rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Yes - supported
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Part of a large group of Multiple practices and Hospitals across the area
- Forward thinking and professional practice
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Experienced Vet/ RVN team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load - emergency medical cases
- Supportive veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- 6 monthly staff reviews are offered.
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience
- You will be passionate and motivated to drive the practice forward
- You will be looking to develop your medical and surgical skill set
- You will be happy with sole charge work
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- Salary: 50,000 to 65,000 commensurate to experience
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday: 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays and birthday off
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD: Allowance of 1,000 with 5 days off to attend
- Additional CPD allowance for clinical coaches
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Occupation Health Scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8390
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.