£45,000 - £60,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent lead veterinary surgeon to join a practice in Edinburgh. This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week alongside a weekend rota. There is no OOH.
This is a purpose-built small animal practice offering state of the art facilities and services alongside onsite parking and local transport links. The practice comprises of a team of 2 Vet, 3 SVN, 5 VCAs and a support team.
They are looking for a confident surgeon, someone to lead from the front, motivate staff and develop the future of the practice. The practice is busy offering a variety of cases each day whilst working in a fun environment.
The vet must be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations and happy with sole charge work when required. This role is ideal for a veterinary surgeon looking to take the next step in their career and move into a leadership position.
- Type: Small Animal Hours: Monday - Friday Full time 40 hours per week between hours of 8.30am and 8pm
- Weekends: Yes on a rota Saturdays 9am - 6pm and Sundays 10am - 6pm.
- Sole Charge: Occasional
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 2 Vet 3 SVN, VCAS and supporting team
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance with negotiable working hours
- Certificates are encouraged and supported
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- Previous experience in a leadership role would be advantageous but not essential.
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will be happy to work sole charge when required
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
This is a purpose-built practice built with state-of-the-art equipment with modern facilities and services.
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 45,000 - 60,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.