Up to £65,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.
You must have the ability to take the practice under your wing and develop it to its full potential. You must be confident in routine surgeries and consultations and working some sole charge. The practice deals with a large number of exotic pets so experience dealing with exotics is desirable but not essential.
This position is full time for 35 hours per week, along with a 1 in 2 weekend rota. There is no OOH work.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 1:2 Saturdays
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: On a rota
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 & 30 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 1 Nurses, 1 SVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Offers surgical facilities for more complex cases allowing for clinical development
- Excellent work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be an experience Vet looking to take the next career step into a clinical lead role.
- You will have a minimum of two years' experience for the junior Vet position.
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- Orthopaedic surgeries
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: Up to 65,000 per annum commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 25 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD allowance and training in your area of experience provided
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7490
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award-Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.