£21,000 - £25,000
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal Practice in Leicester are recruiting for a permanent full time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This role is 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota and no ooh!
The team comprises of 3 Vet, 3 RVN and supporting staff. The practice is purpose built, bright and spacious with modern facilities and services offered. There is also onsite parking available.
The position offers the RVN to utilise their nursing skills to their full potential from assisting the veterinary surgeon in theatre, to running their own nurse clinics and being a clinical coach to students and fellow RVNS. So, if you are an RVN looking for a career step position then this could be for you!
The RVN must work well as part of a team, have a genuine passion for animal welfare and consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota - split shifts between Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 3.30pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 3 RVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 21,000 - 25,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: CPD funded and funding of certificates
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.