A small Animal practice in Banbury Essex are recruiting a permanent full or part time veterinary surgeon to join their team. The position offers hours between 25 per week as a minimum and a 1:3 weekend rota. There is no OOH and this role offers a great work / life balance.
They are looking for a forward-thinking veterinary surgeon with a minimum of two years veterinary experience. They must be comfortable in sole charge work on a weekend and provide additional clinical support when required.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an experienced team of 2 Vet, 4 RVNS, 1 SVN 1 ACA and support staff. they pride themselves on providing a high standard of clinical care. They also believe in providing the best support to staff for everyone to reach their full potential. Areas of special interest are actively encouraged and supported therefore this is an excellent opportunity for the veterinary surgeon to develop their skill set and knowledge.
Beautifully located in a market town close to transport links taking you to Oxford, London and the Cotswolds it offers both or country or city lifestyle.
This is an established practice with state-of-the-art facilities and all the mod cons. They see a wide variety of cases from routine to more complex surgeries.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays 9am - 5pm Sunday 10am - 4pm
- Sole Charge: Occasional on a weekend only
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 4 RVN, 1 SVN 1 ACA and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Large supportive team
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance - negotiable hours
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have sound general medical and surgical skills
- You will be confident with occasional sole charge work
- You will have career development aspirations
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.