A small Animal practice in Altrincham Cheshire are recruiting a permanent full or part time Veterinary Surgeon to join their close-knit team. This role offers flexible working hours between 30 - 40 Hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. There are no ooh! The practice is flexible with the hours available so they would also be interested in applications from veterinary surgeons who wish to work weekends only!
The practice is purpose built, modern, spacious with state-of-the-art equipment and services.
The practice offers a friendly close-knit team, a varied case load, CPD funding with areas of special interest supported and a great work life balance. One of the Veterinary surgeons has a certificate in surgery.
Perfectly located close to the city of Manchester and the countryside it offers a fantastic work / life balance.
The Veterinary surgeon must have at least 3 years' experience. If you are a surgeon currently holding a certificate this would be advantageous.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm Part time hours negotiable
- Weekends: Yes on a shared rota - Saturday 9am - 6pm Sunday 10.30am - 4.30pm
- Sole Charge: Occasional sole charge weekends and some afternoons
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 4 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You must be happy with sole charge work when required.
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- You will have 3 years' experience
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 Pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.