£18,000 - £22,000
Full time / Permanent
A small animal practice in Walkden are recruiting for a permanent full time registered Veterinary nurse to join their team. The role involves working 40 hours per week with a 1:2 weekend rota and time off in lieu during the week after working a weekend.
This is a purpose built fully equipped practice with modern services and facilities with onsite parking. The practice is located close to local amenities and transport links.
The practice comprises of a team of 1 Vet, 2 RVN and support team. The role involves all aspects of general nursing from assisting the veterinary surgeon in theatre, looking after in patients, administering medications, greeting clients, dealing with client bookings, and adhering to practice protocols and polices.
They require an RVN with excellent customer service skills. They pride themselves on delivering a high standard of clinical care, so it is vital that the RVN shares these high standards. The RVN must be confident in theatre and with nurse consultations including flea and worming consults, second vaccinations, pre op checks. There is also an opportunity to run any other nurse clinics that are of an interest to you.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 9am - 6pm 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 1:2 weekend rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet 2 RVN and support team
- Bright and spacious practice with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- CPD is actively encouraged and supported
- Offers excellent career development opportunities
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Is passionate about delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent all-round nursing skills.
- You will be fun and hard working and work well within a team.
- You will work to deliver a high standard of clinical care and have a can-do attitude!
- You will have a motivated and passionate attitude
- You will have strong organisational skills
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare including preventative healthcare
- You will have excellent communications skills and be able to develop working relationships with clients and fellow members of staff
- Emergency Cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation UnitIsolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Pet Passport
- Hospital Ward
- Salary: 18,000 - 22,000 Pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks
- Pension: Contributory pension scheme available
- CPD: Additional training is actively encouraged - CPD support / funding
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS)
- Uniform: Branded uniform provided
- Discounts: Discounted veterinary care for your pets
- Other: Excellent career opportunities and development due to the varied case load
- More benefits available
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.