£35,000 to £60,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon - Stowmarket, Suffolk
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking for an ambulatory equine role?
- Would you like to work in an independent practice?
We are recruiting on behalf of an independent mixed animal practice in Stowmarket for a Permanent Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This role will mainly be an ambulatory role.
This is a large 1st opinion and referral practice. They are fully equipped with all the latest technology and diagnostic toys, some of the best in the country. They offer a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including CT scanner and hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. They are proud to be independent, have multiple sites, a highly experienced team and are dedicated to prioritising patient and client care.
They are looking for a professional and experienced vet and someone who is looking for a career and not just a job. You will be a team player and be confident in making decisions. You will share the same core values on prioritizing patient care. In return, they can offer you a supportive, happy and stable working environment whilst also providing clinical freedom. There is an excellent CPD package and flexible rota available.
The position is full or part time for 20 to 40 hours per week with 2 in 6 weekends with 4 days off in lieu. There will also be 1 night on-call per week.
- Type: Equine
- Hours: Full or part time, 20 to 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 2 in 6 weekends
- TOIL: For weekends
- OOH: 1 night on-call per week
- Sole charge: None
- Branch work: On occasion
- Computer system: AT spectrum
- Consultations: 15 to 20 minutes
- Team: 26 vets
- Large multi-site independent practice group
- Offers first opinion and referral services
- Equipped with latest technology and advanced technology
- Offers a range of additional facilities for the team to draw upon, such as physiotherapists and hydrotherapy pools and instructors
- Offers a wide range of first opinion and referral veterinary services
- Highly experienced veterinary team with areas of special interest and certificate holding surgeons
- Bright and spacious practices with air conditioning and all modern facilities
- Supportive small friendly practice
- Excellent reputation within the community
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic, kind, and empathetic and caring attitude
- You will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will have excellent client facing skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will be a team player
- The role is determined on years of experience and be catered to suit
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- You will have ambition to develop your clinical skills and work towards areas of special interest
- The role is determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop clinical skills and knowledge
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment, including:
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- CT scanner
- Keyhole surgeries
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Digital X-ray
- Dental X-ray
- In-house laboratory
- Nurse clinics
- Hydrotherapy pool
- Pet shop
- Salary: £35,000 to £60,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Accommodation available for relocation
- Certificates supported and funded
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Staff discount
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 37818
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.