£35,000 - £70,000 Pro Rata
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal practice in Farnborough are recruiting for two Veterinary Surgeons to join their busy friendly team.
This is an established practice which is continuing to grow and due to business demands are now seeking two full time Vets. One of the roles is for a Lead Vet, so if you are a veterinary surgeon looking for the next career step this could be for you. The second role is a full time Vet surgeon position offering plenty of opportunities with CPD support and special interests encouraged, so again a good opportunity for a surgeon who wishes to expand their skill set and knowledge.
Both the positions are full time working 40 hours per week with a weekend rota of 1:3. The weekend does involve sole charge work so it is important that the vet feels comfortable in this area.
The practice has a team of 4 vet, 3 RVNS, SVNS and VCAs along with a supporting team. They have a strong ethos towards personal development so are keen to support areas of special interest.
The practice sees a wide variety of cases each day and they require two confident surgeons who are happy with routine surgical and medical cases. They also need to be competent with sole charge work. The surgeons must work well with others and enjoy establishing working relationships and build their client base.
The practice is modern and spacious, purpose built so fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. They have all the mod cons including ECG, Cardiopet, Lactate analyser, ultrasound and digital X-Ray etc. The practice has also recently had a refurbishment making it a lovely place for both patients and fellow members of staff to work in.
Located close to all major transport links and motorways and easy access to London, along with the South Downs National Park on its doorstep this practice offers an excellent opportunity for Vets to enjoy both city and country lifestyle living.
- Key Details:
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
- Weekends: 1:3 - Saturday 9am - 6pm Sunday 10am - 4pm
- Sole Charge: Sole charge weekends and some afternoons
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vet 3 RVN, SVNS, VCAs and support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Recently refurbished practice
- Excellent location close to urban and country living
- Career development opportunity
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You must be happy with sole charge work on a weekend
- You will have career development aspirations
- For a lead vet you will be passionate about leading by example, happy to support, mentor and develop the practice and drive it forward
- Previous leadership skills for the lead vet would be advantageous but not essential
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 Pro rata and 50,000 - 70,000 Pro rate for the Lead Vet
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.