12 month contract
Up to £65,000 per annum commensurate to experience
Full time / Fixed Term
We are recruiting for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Dalston London. This is a maternity contract which will involve working across 4 days with a shared weekend rota.
The Vet will be leading a team of 1 Vet and 2 Nurses. The practice offers an interesting caseload along with a range of modern facilities enabling them to deal with a range of veterinary cases.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
Who are they looking for?
The Vet will have a minimum of 3 years experience within a small animal practice. They will be confident in working some sole charge.
You must have a client-orientated approach and excellent communication skills, work to a high standard both medically and surgically and have drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.The Vet will have excellent communication and client facing skills and be able to build up working relationships easily with clients. They will continue with the practices ethos of providing a great service to all clients. Ideally the Vet will be competent in all neutering cases along with basis soft tissue surgeries. They will be able to handle most medical cases and work well as part of a team. An interest in pursuing a certificate is desirable but not essential.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 39 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- On call: On call rota shared with all vets across the region along with bank holiday rota.
- Branch work: None
- Team: 2 Vet 2 Nurses
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have a minimum of 3 years' experience
- A surgical bias is desirable but not essential
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge work when required
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Up to 65,000 per annum commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6555
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.