£35,000 - £45,000
Full time / Fixed Term
We are recruiting for a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Cheltenham on a fixed term contract to cover a Maternity leave.
This is a full-time role offering 42 hours per week with a 1:4 weekend rota.
The role is to provide cover across three local practices on the outskirts of Cheltenham. A vehicle or a vehicle allowance is provided with the position.
All three practices are well equipped with state-of-the-art facilities such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, and dental x-ray.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the animal hospital.
About the role
The position requires a Vet with a minimum of 1 years' experience, and they must be confident in sole charge work. All three practices have a very client orientated approach so excellent customer care and communication skills are key.
They must be committed to providing a hight standard of veterinary care and be willing to share experience and skills to members of the team where required and provide ongoing support. The Vet must work to a high standard both medically and surgically.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 42 hours per week
- Weekends: 1:4 weekends
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: No
- Branch work: Yes across three branches
- Computer System: Bespoke system
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Multi Vet and nurse team across three branches
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 1 years' experience
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- CT Imaging
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.