£35,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
A small Animal practice in Milton Keynes Bedfordshire are recruiting a 2 x permanent Veterinary Surgeons to join their team.
They require 2 vets who enjoy working as part of a busy practice with an exciting case load each day.
The Vets will be working as part of a large team of 9 experienced veterinary surgeons and they must be confident with all routine consultations and surgeries. A delivery of high clinical standards are also expected. The team have a variety of special interests and additional qualifications such as ultrasonography, endoscopy, and orthopaedics.
The role does require a passion for orthopaedics and both applications would be expected to enrol in a surgical certificate. Working hours during the week can be flexible and there is a weekend rota.
This is a large training practice with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment. In addition to the 9 Vet team there are an additional 10 RVNS and a reception team and practice manager.
As a flagship practice these roles offer an exciting opportunity for veterinary surgeons to take their career level to the next step!! So if you are interested in being part of a large training practice, being supported and exposed to more complex cases then get in touch!
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Flexible Hours available
- Weekends: Yes TBC
- Sole Charge: No
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 9 Vet 10 RVN, and large support team
- State of the Art equipment including Lab, Digital X Ray, Pharmacy and Ultrasound
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a wide variety of cases and more complex surgeries
- Sees a lot of Orthopaedic cases
- Training practice
- Certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Established practice with a growing client base
- Large supportive team
- Offers an exciting varied case load
- Offers a good work / life balance - negotiable hours
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have a minimum of 2 years experience
- You will have sound general medical and surgical skills
- You will have career development aspirations
- You will wish to complete a certificate in surgery
- A special interest in Orthopaedic cases is essential
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Dental X-Ray
- Salary: 35,000 - 55,000 Pro Rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.