Practices – FAQ
How do I submit a new vacancy?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our “Submit a Vacancy” page. One of our Vet Seekers consultants will then get in contact with you to ensure we have all the relevant information to find you the best candidates.
Can you provide locums for odd dates?
Yes, we have recently launch a new Locum Odd Date Job Board where you can submit all your odd dates. Our locums will then be able to log in and apply directly to you with their CV, easy! You can add your dates here and you will receive locums directly without any charge. (Add client locum odd date page link) http://adsli.com/demo/vetseekers/job-seekers/locum-odd-date-service/
What are your fees?
- We have standard permanent T&C’s with a sliding scale rebate period in place, which have not increased since 2016 and we will happily discuss these with you directly.
- We are very transparent with our fees and our locums fees are based on a set fixed day rates for both locum Vets and Nurses, so you know exactly how much it will cost before any placements are made.
- Feedback from our clients have said they prefer our locum fee structure, as there are no hidden surprises unlike a lot of agencies that charge a percentage of locum fees which leads to extra costs.
Do I need to arrange to pay the locum Directly?
- No, Vet Seekers acts as an employment business and we pay all our locums directly each week, upfronting their wages. You will then receive invoices from Vet Seekers Ltd which will include the candidate and our fixed daily fee on top, plus VAT.
- We can act on an introducer basis as well, more so for self-employed locums under the right circumstances.
Do locums come with their own VDS insurance?
Not always, we strongly recommend that locums take out their own insurance cover, as under the RCVS code of practice all vets must have their own liability insurance, covering them to the correct level required, but there is still a large number that wish to be added to the practices VDS policy while working under that locum assignment. Therefore we do ask all practices and locums to liaise with each other on this for peace of mind.
What is your recruitment process?
- Once you have submitted your role, we will: Work through our extensive data base, look at passive candidates, use of modern technology, word of mouth, use of social media platforms, asking for referrals, use of advertising platforms & publications, university relationships, our branded website and much more.
- Once suitable candidates are sourced, the roles are discussed and relevant CV / skills forms are forwarded to you for your consideration with prior consent from the candidate.
- The recruitment process continues with arranging interviews, trial days, post offer negotiations and reference checking etc.
Why don’t you just send CV’s over?
We have the most upright respect for both our clients and candidates, therefore we prefer to discuss each role with the candidate directly before sending over any personal information.
We comply with the old data protection act of 1998 and as well as working in line with the new GDPR polices and ICO.
Do you conduct reference checks?
For locums we make evert effort to obtain a written or verbal reference and will endeavour to provide you with this before starting.
Upon offer of permanent employment, Vet Seekers is able to provide reference checks on the successful candidate. However, most veterinary practices prefer to obtain their own references.
Do you recruit for roles outside the UK?
Yes we work with many veterinary practices outside the UK and have successfully recruited veterinary surgeons and nurses offering the same excellent service.
Can you advise me on a salary range for our veterinary role?
We have vast experience across the veterinary industry and can help you set a benchmarked salary range for your position, as well as talk through any benefits the position may offer such as relocation packages etc and talk through other options to attract the right candidates for your practice.
I have an invoice query?
Please contact David Maclellan via email@example.com or 0333 014 7374 and he will get back to you as soon as possible.
What is your corporate responsibility?
- We are committed to giving something back to society, for example we work very closely with Street Paws.
- As a company we are committed to charity work and actively support many charities from the WWF where we make monthly donations to supporting Street Paws.
- Our Director also works closely with Cancer Research UK, as this is something close to his heart.
- We treat our employees fairly and ethically, and believe strongly in ensuring our staff are happy and satisfied in their jobs, with good training, and regular support, as well as clear lines of communication.
Do you support diversity in the work place?
- We are strong believers in diversity and inclusion at Vet Seekers.
- We are determined to offer employment regardless of race, sex, age, sexuality, disability, or any other factor.
- We would expect our clients to adhere to the same policy of inclusion.
How is does Vet Seekers differentiate to other recruitment agencies?
- Quality not Quantity: Vet Seekers are not in the business of supplying CVs and bums on seats, we are in the business of supplying screened veterinary candidates who we believe are suitable for our clients roles. This departure from the norm means that you spend less time reviewing CVs which are potentially inappropriate and after all, this is what you are paying us to do.
- Focus: We have dedicated administrators and resources so that our consultants can solely focus on your recruitment requirements.
- Free Odd Date Locum Service: We have recognised that practices are struggling to fill their last minute odd date locum needs and candidates don’t have many options to view all these dates in one place, so we have redesigned our website and added new software to offer a solution: https://jobs.vetseekers.co.uk/recruiters.html
- Service: Vet Seekers offers a professional, ethical and transparent service and we are highly commitment to our both clients and candidates which is often shown our regular testimonials that we receive. Communication is a fundamental element in achieving this, along with openness and honesty.
- Money: We are not driven but making money, but we are driven to build long term lasting candidate and client relationships. We aim to become the first point of call for job seekers and clients across the UK and overseas.