£33,281 - £43,421 pro rata
Part time / Fixed Term
This is a part time position working 33.75 hours per week. The practice closes by 7pm each evening and there is limited weekends and no ooh offering a great work / life balance.
The hospital actively supports areas of personal development so if you have an area of special interest this would be welcomed. They offer a safe and friendly place to work in along with plenty of support.
About the role
This role offers a wide variety of cases daily along with support of a highly experienced team of Veterinary Surgeons and Nurses. All members of staff are offered the opportunity to work to their full potential and develop their clinical skill set medically and surgically.
The position will involve all areas of Veterinary Work including clinical governance in the Hospital. The Surgeon will be expected to manage all cases cost effectively and ensure all resources and facilities are used appropriately.
The Vet will be expected to deliver excellent care to all patients and clients. They will have excellent communication and customer service skills and will actively promote and educate preventative healthcare.
37.5 Hrs working week Full-time hours
Veterinary Surgeon's typically work incremental shifts from 8am-4.30pm to 10am-6.30pm and vet nurses from 8am-4.30pm to 9.30am to 6pm.
No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site.
The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone completing a certificate or looking to further develop their skills.
They have the work / life balance sorted
Clinical staff typically work 1 in 5 Saturday mornings from 9-12 and receive time off in lieu the following week
Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
- They are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon (VS) for the delivery of an efficient, professional and caring service to all the hospitals clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services.
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- As the UK's leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets' lives - through prevention, education and treatment.
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven into the help improve the lives of every pet.
- Salary 33,281 - 43,421 rata per annum pro rata
- Hours 30 Hours per week
- CPD is encouraged and self-development is actively encouraged
- Allocated CPD funding of 30 hours
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 25 Days holiday per year
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (after 12 months service)
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.