We are recruiting for a Veterinary Surgeons to join a practice in County Durham on a fixed term contract.
The role is full time and will be on 12-month contracts. The practice is flexible and can be flexible in terms of days work but need a minimum of 25 hours each week.
The Vets work a 4-day week with a 1:7 weekend rota with time off in lieu. The weekend rota of 1:7 comprises of consultations from 9am - 3pm. The practice offers their own on call until 10pm at night and when they have in patients they have a nurse on site overnight.
They comprise of a team of 7 Vets with the small animal Hospital and a supportive team of Veterinary Nurses.
About the role
The role available can accommodation a new or recent graduate Veterinary Surgeon as there is plenty of support available and Vets with experience in mentoring newly graduated Vets. However, the practice are ideal for an experienced Vet also as there is a large surgical caseload along with a laparoscopic kit which they can train the Vet to use.
The practice works up their cases in house and offer state of the art facilities such as parameter anaesthetic monitoring in both theatres, dental x-ray, endoscopy, tonometry. The team boast certificate holding veterinary surgeons in medicine and behaviour along with a highly experienced nursing team and they are also a nurse training practice.
As the practice are looking for two Vets these positions would perhaps suit a couple who know each other and would prefer some time off together or perhaps relocating to the area. The role are flexible to being around February 2021.
- Type: Full time minimum 25 hours per week if required 40 hours per week ideally
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:7 Saturday consultations only
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Team: 7 Vets
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Forward thinking and professional small animal Hospital
- State of the at facilities and equipment
- Large multi vet team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons
- Well established with a large client base
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Experienced Nursing team with coaching experience
- Nurse training practice
- Supportive and friendly practice.
- On street parking
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be passionate and motivated to drive the practice forward
- You will be competent with routine surgeries however for newly graduated surgeons there is support provided
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and communication skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts a full range of the latest diagnostic equipment's with ultrasound, blood machines, digital x ray, dental, Endoscope, laparoscopic kit - everything that you would expect from a modern small animal Veterinary Hospital.
- Salary - 30,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays and birthday off -
- CPD allowance
- RCVS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.